Thursday, August 21, 2014

Quarterly Visit

Despite the fact that I promised to keep it updated, I've slacked quite a bit.  Thank goodness I don't neglect my family for this long...I'm sure they feel like it, though.

RL has just been a doozy since last spring.  As with life, change is inevitable and dealing with the aftermath is what we can't really gauge for weeks, if not months, after.   Hindsight and all that rot.  I'm still looking back to see and right now it's still a blur.  We can probably just move on and I'll just rewind the reel on my own.

Emotionally I've been through one hell of a roller coaster.  Who would have thought that Senior Year for a kid would send someone off the deep end? Sending off our oldest into the world, 3000 miles away, was the hardest thing I'd ever had to face.  The emotions I felt were so overwhelming - the pride and the sadness just did me in.  It absolutely was worth the pain, but it did take me off guard.  Regardless, the kidlet is settled into her dorm and is on her way.  She does have a long road ahead and I won't get to touch her until December.  I'll just count down the days...

*****

I'm noticing as I venture further into my 40s that I really didn't know shit 10, 15, 20, 30 years ago.  It's more and more apparant and I feel like apologizing profusely everyday to anyone 10 years older than I am.  You know when "old" folks just shake their heads?  Yeah, well, that's because THEY KNOW that the younger crowd (anyone 10-15 years behind them and beyond) is just plain STUPID.   They've learned to stop wasting their breath.  That realization just doesn't hit someone until they get into their mid-40s.  All the energy we expelled before that has been completely wasted.  Our contemporaries just know better and are better at banking that energy to keep them going a lot longer in the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment